viernes, 2 de mayo de 2014

March & April 2014 Favourites (and 2 misses)

Hi!

Well, we're already in May! Can you believe it? Time goes by so fast, and now it is time to share my favourite products from March and April with you, as well as a couple of products I regret buying.


Cat thights




I bought them from Yesstyle (here's the link) because they were on offer and I thought they were really funny. The skin coloured part is quite opaque and the design is just do cute, with the cat's face on the front and the tail on the back. After buying these thights, I found out Tiny G, a K-pop group, were wearing these very same thights on the MV for their song "Miss You".

Had I found the matching T-shirt they are wearing on the MV, I would have also bought it. It's just so cute, and it also has the tail printed on the back.














Cookies & Cream Kit Kat



There are 5 mini packs with two bars each in every package. And yes, they do taste like cookies and cream. My boyfriend looooves them.














Catanias


Caramelized almonds covered in chocolate and sprinkled with powdered chocolate on the top. This is the original recipe and the only one I though it existed. But I went with some colleagues to a chocolate outlet from a brand named Blanxart and found out there were other flavours too. I bought 3 bags of catanias (also called "Brics" by this brand) in tree different flavours: original, passion fruit and natural sea-salt from Ibiza. All of them were delicious. Well, there are still some left in my pantry. ^_^
 



Mandarin and Orange Shower Butter by Bomb Cosmetics



I discovered this UK cosmetics brand in Padova, Italy, last year. Yeap. There was a shop at the central station. I went in just to look arround and sniff some of the products and ended up buying this shower butter because the concept really intrigued me. I started using this in March, when I run out of the moisturizing shower gel I was using. This shower butter smells really well, but only when your working it on your skin. It does not really foam up a lot but it cleanses really well and it leaves my skin very soft and moisturized. So moisturized that I don't need to spread anything else on my skin when I get off the shower.
The only dowside is that you are supposed to use this huge pot in three months after opening it.


Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Curl Extend Hair Pudding

 

I bought it on sale from Feelunique (here's the link) and I like how it leaves my hair: it moisturizes, tames the frizz and defines my waves. Don't get intimidated by the name, it doesn't smell at all of olive oil. It smells fresh and clean, kind of soapy. Not only does it not weigh my hair down but it actually gives it some volume.








Misses:

Miracle cream by Garnier


I really tried using this cream. I wanted to use it for 28 days, but I could only use it for 2 weeks: it made me break out. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I waited for a week and tried using it again and I started breaking out again so, I stopped using it for good. The truth is I didn't expect this cream to look like that: it reminded me of some Korean CC creams. It comes out white but it developes the color when you work it on your skin. It doesn't adapt well to my skin color. It's a tad dark and orangey for me, as you can see in the picture. It has a very sheer coverage and you cannot build up the coverage, as you can do with a lot of Korean CC creams. The Miracle cream is more of a tinted moisturizer, rather than a CC cream. I will try applying this as a moisturizer from the knee down  once the weather is suitable to show some skin ^_^.



Superstay 14h color cream by Maybelline



I bought it in color 150 On and On Pink. I love the color but I don't like the formula at all: it's too creamy, it feels heavy on my lips and it dries my lips out. It lasts for quite a while but not for 14h, as they say. And when it starts coming off, it does it in patches. I've tryed applying it with and without lip balm. With lip balm, the color lasts less and it doesn't solve the dry lips problem. It also makes the dry skin on my lips more noticeable.







What were your favourites for March and April?
Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? And if so, what did you think of them?

♥♡♥ Take care! ♥♡♥

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario